Parade Entry Form
Rules for 2022 Parade
Parade Date: Monday, July 4th at 10 a.m.
Insurance certificates can be submitted digitally using the button below if you did not submit one with your initial entry form.
- There is a $25.00 entry fee per entry. (Fee supports the fireworks and event costs)
- Entries longer than three car lengths must pay an additional entry fee for every three car lengths in length.
- Mail application (or submit the following form) and payment/check to the digital payment method or address listed on the entry form.
- Make check payable to Urbandale 4th of July Committee.
- Application, Insurance information and check must be postmarked by Thursday, June 23 or received no later than Noon Friday, June 24.
- Applications received after Noon Friday, June 24, will be returned and will not be included in this year’s parade.
Parade entries and parade positions will be posted on our website by Friday July 1, 2022.
Parade entry needs to be in your assigned place by 9:00 am July 4th. Judging will occur along parade route.
Urbandale 4th of July Parade Safety RulesThe success of the Urbandale 4th of July Parade depends on you, the participants. The following rules will provide a safe and successful 2022 parade for entrants and spectators.
Police and Safety Patrol
- Their role is to help with safety issues.
- You must comply with their requests for the safety of parade participants and spectators.
- If you do not to comply, your parade entry will be required to leave the parade route.
- Candy and other items may not be thrown from the vehicle, float, trailer, etc.
- Walkers must walk to the curb and distribute candy to spectators. This will prevent the safety hazard of children darting into the street to retrieve candy.
- If you do not comply, your parade entry will be required to leave the parade route.
- Peanuts are not allowed because of possible allergic reaction.
- No squirting or spraying water or throwing water balloons at spectators.
Entries Larger Than a Pickup
- There must be walkers on all four corners of the vehicle.
- Walkers must communicate to the driver when it is safe to resume driving. This will ensure the safety of children who may dart into the street to retrieve candy.
- No semis allowed because of obstructed views.
- An adult must supervise from the trailer or back of the pickup.
- Athletic teams without adult supervision will not be allowed to enter the parade route.
Gaps in the Parade
- Ensure that there are no more than 3 to 4 car lengths between your entry and the entry ahead of you.
- The safety patrol will ask lingering entries to close the gap.
- If you do not comply, your entry will be asked to leave the parade route.
Any violation of the above rules may result in a ban from next year’s parade
2022 4th of July Parade EntryRegister your spot in the annual 4th of July parade!
Parade entry payments can also be sent via PayPal at the button below.